Press / Business contact:
31 October 2017
Attentat 1942 is a unique video game that tells the story of Nazi occupation from the perspective of those who experienced it firsthand. The game is built on dialogues with survivors, interactive comics, and authentic historical footage. You will speak to eyewitnesses, live their memories, and discover the untold story of your family.
You discover that your grandfather was arrested by the Gestapo shortly after the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, ruler of the Nazi-occupied Czech Lands and leading architect of the Holocaust. You struggle to discover why your grandfather was arrested after the attack. What role did he play in the attack? Why didn’t he tell his family? Was he brave or reckless to endanger their lives by becoming a resistance fighter?
You will experience a range of styles and dialogue-based gameplay features. The game includes interactive comics, rare digitized film footage, challenging mini-games, and cinematic-style interviews that have been researched and written by a team of professional historians.
- Dialog-based adventure game
- Based on historical research and testimonies
- Cinematic interviews with 8 different survivors
- Interactive comics
- Atmospheric and challenging mini-games
- Authentic historical footage
Soundtrack - Main Theme by DVA YouTube
There are far more images available for Attentat 1942, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
- "Attentat 1942 is a 'historically accurate' game about the Nazi
occupation of Czechoslovakia."
- Andy Chalk, PC Gamer
- "Apart from its great art style, Attentat 1942 also has great historical value."
- "Czech academics develop videogame about Nazi occupation."
- Game Industry News
Attentat 1942 was developed by Charles University and the Czech Academy of Sciences. It is the first game in the Czechoslovakia 38-89 project that covers different events from contemporary history. Revenues from the game are invested to continue research and science into the field. Attentat 1942 is a significantly enhanced version of the game “Československo 38-89: Atentát” that was released in Czech language in 2015. The development was supported by the Czech Ministry of Culture (NAKI DF11P01OVV030) and the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (GAMA TG01010108).
Awards & Recognition
Awards gained by the Czech version of the game released under the name “Československo 38-89: Atentát” in Q3 2015:
- "Czech Game of the Year" - Best Debut, 2015
- "Games Learning Society Showcase Award." - Winner, 2015
- "GALA Serious Game Award" - Winner, 2015
- "European Conference on Game Based Learning Award" - Winner, 2015
What they say about us
- "Excellent job. The way kids will learn in the future."
- John Romero, author of DOOM
- "I am blown away. The art style, the real video mixed with graphic novel—excellent, gripping."
- Serious Game Challenge
- "Tremendous atmosphere. The subject matter behind this game (serious, disturbing and sometimes sad) is treated with the utmost respect."
- GLS Showcase